We have an opening to join our incredible team at Skills on the Hill. We are looking for someone with a passion for helping children with special needs. An ideal candidate is a committed OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST who has a positive personality and can be flexible to the needs of each client. We place a strong emphasis on collaborating with other professionals and parent and teacher education. Candidates should be independent, dynamic, creative, organized, flexible, and energetic team players with a thirst for knowledge and desire to continue to develop clinical skills. Position involves working with children in clinic and school settings with possibility of early intervention based services.
• Master’s degree from an accredited school or program.
• Current Board of Occupational Therapy license issued by the District of Columbia and Virginia and with the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
• Two years of experience working with children with developmental delays is preferred.
• Knowledgeable of evidence-based practices found to benefit children
• Experience and ability to work independently, using critical thinking skills and processes to arrive at objective, results-oriented decisions within the context of patient care and organizational priorities.
• Pediatric feeding experience is preferred.
• Customer service orientated and professional attitude required.
• Candidate should demonstrate good judgment, decision-making, and communication skills with a variety of individuals and groups. Should exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
• Must relate well to children and their families.
• Very good working knowledge in all applicable computer programs (Microsoft Office) and use of iPad.
• Valid CPR certification.
• Ability to pass basic drug screening.
Role of Pediatric Occupational Therapist at Skills on the Hill, LLC:
• Provide client-based treatment
• Provide ongoing parent/family/teacher education
• Plan individual treatment programs based on client’s needs and adjust as needed
• Administer pediatric standardized assessments (knowledge of SIPT a plus but certification not required)
• Knowledge of sensory integration theory and practice • Promote developmentally appropriate skills in areas of fine/visual motor, feeding, self-help, language and social-emotional development
• Engage children in activities to reduce behaviors that may interfere with learning and cognitive functioning.
Our practice specializes in working with children who have the following diagnoses:
• Feeding difficulties / oral motor delays
• Sensory processing and motor planning difficulties
• Praxis issues
• Global developmental delays
• Neuromuscular impairments
• Genetic disorders
• Learning disabilities
• Visual motor and perceptual deficits
• Competitive Compensation commensurate with experience
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Medical Insurance with optional dental and vision
• Continuing education reimbursement
• Travel reimbursement
• Medical insurance is available with option of dental and vision.
• Short term disability insurance
• Long term disability insurance
• 401 K with employer matching
• Ongoing mentoring and weekly staff meetings for clinical growth, skill development, and collaboration
COME AND JOIN OUR TEAM!
Please send your resume with cover letter to moc/llihehtnoslliks//ofnito set up an interview.
2019 SUMMER INTERNSHIP – (Application is now OPEN).
Skills on the Hill is accepting applicants for Summer Internships. We are looking for individuals considering a career in occupational therapy to assist us in running two summer camp programs.
Dates: DC – June 17 to July 26, 2019, VA – June24 to August 2, 2019
If interested, please contact us at moc/llihehtnoslliks//sreetnulovfor more details.
Skills on the Hill is able to accommodate OT students for Level II Fieldwork placements. Opportunities are competitive and limited and require a phone and/or in-person interview. Please email your resume, cover letter, and application form to moc/llihehtnoslliks//krowdleifto start the application process.
VOLUNTEERS / SHADOWING OPPORTUNITY
Skills on the Hill welcomes those interested in learning more about occupational therapy to come and volunteer or shadow an OT at either our clinic or at one of our charter schools. Time spent goes toward “observation hours” when applying to an OT program or for high school community service hours. Opportunities are limited. Application requires an interview. Please contact us at moc/llihehtnoslliks//sreetnulovfor more information.